53 Alexandra Road, EAST FREMANTLE WA 6158
SUBDIVIDE AND PROSPER
The old clich ‘Opportunity Knocks’ is totally apparent when an opportunity like this presents itself…..
Situated on the crest of the hill, this much loved ‘Solid as a Rock’ family home screams out with huge potential for future development or renovations. Built in 1972 on a generous 948 square metre block, north side of Canning Highway just around the corner from Richmond Primary School.
Information from the East Fremantle Town Planning :
1. Current zoning R12.5 came into effect in 2004.
2. Being a corner Lot one can obtain a Density Bonus to R20 zoning.
3. To change zoning that is to obtain Density Bonus; a Development Application would need to be
submitted including proposed New Residence Plans.
4. There is no problem with the existing Crossovers,
although for parking the exiting house would need to have a Carport.
5. Pending sub-division approval both Lots would be classed as R20 Standard.
6. Future – In 2 years’ time the Council intends to increase the Density in East Fremantle.
They will start advertising next year.
The home has a wonderful feel to it thanks to the one and only owners who have lived there for most of their lives, spanning over six decades. Inside boasts solid parquetry timber floors and ten foot ceilings throughout with two split system air conditioners for all year round. The kitchen and dining design is typical from the 1970’s, with its own butler’s pantry designed ahead of its time.
Off from the kitchen/dining is the formal lounge that offers natural light and space. The bathroom is in great condition with the original bath, shower and basin.
The backyard is every kids dream playing field with established trees to climb and room to play the annual Christmas cricket match.
Loads of parking space for your cars, boat, trailer or a caravan with easy side access from Salvado Street and the huge garage at the rear has so much room on either side for storing.
What else is there to say about this rare corner block home, just a lovely stroll down to the Left Bank, Cafes, River or to the new Richmond Quarter.