34 Point Walter Road, BICTON WA 6157
History in the Making
Sitting pretty on a corner block behind a quintessential white picket fence, “Polkberry House” invokes sense of history and the true essence of family living in Bicton.
Constructed in 1903 and regarded as Bicton’s oldest home, this atmospheric homestead was built on the site of Western Australia’s first commercial vineyard with small farms scattered around the developing landscape.
While the neighbourhood may have changed, the rich history and undeniable character of this adored local landmark remain preserved.
Maintaining all of its original charm and period features with proudly well-tendered gardens, the home has benefited from ongoing updates and extensions to the original floorplan. Beyond the tuck-pointed façade and shady verandas, the homes lofty ceilings, stained glass, solid jarrah floors and gracious rooms all remain in excellent condition.
This is a home that will grow with your family with solid bones and lots of inbuilt potential for future improvements to suit your needs and style.
Outdoors are a family paradise with loads of room for the kids to play and grow and a choice of spaces to relax and entertain for the adults. You’ll never run out of space here with sprawling lawns, a huge workshop/garage and lots of parking for boats and caravans.
Your families best memories will be created here, enjoying all the warmth and timeless character of a treasured historic home in the heart of a welcoming family friendly riverside community.
– Traditional formal lounge
– Informal living zone
– Large updated galley style kitchen overlooking the dining area
– Study nook
– Sympathetically styled bathroom and powder room
– Ducted evaporative a/c and two split system units
– Original working fireplace and potbelly stove
– Solar panel system and solar hws
– Electronic alarm
– 2 alfresco entertaining areas and party size pizza oven
– Lush mature gardens reticulated from bore with mulberry, lemonade, lime and orange trees and a designer veggie patch
- 4 bed
- 1 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 1,024 m²
- 2 Garage